Saturday, January 19, 2013

Why I Get Up At 5:00.....IN. THE. MORNING.

I like to get up at 5:00.

Yes.  IN. THE. MORNING.

Crazy!  I know.

But the reason is.....

I HATE making the bed.

 I don't mind that it looks like this.


 Biker Man wants it to look like this.


So I decided.....the last one up.....is a rotten egg.

Whoever gets up L-O-N-G after the other.....is the bedmaker.

Biker Man gets up at 6:00 a.m.

So I decided to get up at 5:00 a.m.

IN. THE. MORNING!  Because I am lazy.

The primary reason I get up at 5:00 in the morning, is not because.....

 .....I try to workout.....or have my quiet devotional time.....or to make a hot breakfast for my family.....or to get a head start on laundry.....and to do other homemaker-ish type of things.

The sheer truth, of what motivates my hind quarters, to hop out of my warm flannel sheets, during this wind whipped cold season.....out here in God's country.....

.....is so that I don't have to make the bed.

For real and for serious.  (Southern Sweet Biscuit says that.....I stole it from her)

Just being honest.  Bad.  I know.

Just for the record.....I don't care if Scout makes his bed or not.  GASP!!!  I know that is breaking the law in Principals of Parenting 101.....and that Scout could be on a slippery slope into adulthood because of it.

Biker Man wants Scout to make his bed.....teaching responsibility, discipline, and all that jazz.

Biker Man was an officer in the Air Force.....once upon a time.

I was not.

The end.





2 comments:

  1. i don't make ours either..ur not alone. while we are showing our home for sale, it is one the last thing i get done before it's time to leave the house for someone to see it..beds get made on those days minutes before the possible new family arrive to see their possible new home. YOU R NOT ALONE! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here. todd makes ours and i don't make the kids do theirs either. but oh i do sooooooooooooooo love to see the bed made up, just as long as i'm not the one doing it :)

    ReplyDelete